Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grilled Red Snapper and Mango with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette



Today, the Supertasters took a trip to Bluffton, SC to purchase some fresh seafood at the Bluffton Oyster Co. Everyone down here talks about the place and I was excited to get my hands on whatever was fresh.

Since I couldn't take a picture of the ladies shucking the oysters, I took a picture of the sign proclaiming such. Oddly enough, there were no ladies to be found. I wish I snapped a photo of the enormous pile of oyster shells outside the building and the pelican sitting on top.

We ended up buying a large piece of snapper and two trigger fillets. I found this recipe for red snapper and used it for both types of fish.

The results: The vinaigrette was simple and worked with both fish. The grilled mango (with a dash of cumin) pleased everyone--even those who doubted applauded.

1 comment:

gorgeous said...

Looks great. I was hoping to see a picture of an entire red snapper with head across a plate. That would have been sweet.